24/7 Houston AC Repair
Expert Air Conditioning Repair Since 1969 – Call 832-352-4941
Your home should have an indoor temperature that is both comfortable and refreshing. During the height of Texas summers and long into autumn, the warm temperatures make having a properly working air conditioner a necessity rather than a luxury. If your air conditioner is not working and needs repair, let the experienced technicians at us come to your aid. Our team of Houston AC repair experts can quickly determine the root of the issue and restore your home comfort as soon as possible!
Broken air conditioner? Call AirCon Service Company at 832-352-4941 to schedule AC repair in Houston. We’re available 247!
Common Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repair
More often than not, when your air conditioner is broken you will know it with certainty. It will either fail to turn on entirely or will blow slightly warm air into your home. Sometimes, however, the signals that something is wrong with your air conditioner are more subtle. Is your air conditioner blowing slightly cool air that doesn’t seem quite cold enough? If so, you may have a Freon leak.
Schedule an AC repair service if you notice any of the following:
- Your unit is making odd noises
- The compressor is leaking refrigerant
- The compressor is faulty
- You believe your AC unit is too small for your home
- Your AC unit keeps shutting on and off
- You smell unpleasant odors when you turn on your AC system
- The AC unit is blowing air, but it is not cold
- Your unit won’t turn on after you have checked the thermostat
If you notice any of the above, or if something doesn’t seem quite right, call our team of Houston air conditioning repair experts to come take a look. We can accurately diagnose the root of the problem and provide you with reliable repair or replacement services if necessary. We also offer routine air conditioning maintenance to keep your system in working order for as long as possible.
Troubleshooting Thermostat Issues
There are a couple of AC troubleshooting steps you can take on your own before you call for service. Your thermostat is the little box which regulates your air temperature. It is probably the part of your AC unit you are most familiar with.
To check if your thermostat is the problem:
- First, set the temperature to five degrees below the current climate in your home.
- If the thermostat does not respond, check the power.
- If it is battery operated, you may need to replace the batteries with new ones.
If it is electrical, check the breaker associated with the device. If these tactics don’t work, you may need to call a professional. Some thermostats may be on, but may not read the air temperature correctly. Our air conditioning repair experts in Houston can determine if your thermostat requires simple fine-tuning or if it’s time for a replacement. We carry a wide range of thermostats including programmable and Wi-Fi enabled units.
How to Quiet a Noisy Air Conditioner
When you’re trying to cool down on a hot summer afternoon, the last thing you want to deal with is the loud rumblings of your air conditioner. Rather than get stuck in a catch-22, there are certain things you can do to quiet your AC. It’s important to find the cause of the noise before taking action.
How to make your AC quieter:
- Adjust fan speed: Your blower or furnace fan deliver the proper airflow per ton. If this isn’t set to the proper speed, it can start causing a lot of noise. By reducing fan speed, you can calm your AC.
- Adjust motor belt: If your motor belt is broken or loose, it will hit against the AC, causing noise and wearing on your cooling unit.
- Soundproofing blanket: If you have an outdoor AC unit, you can buy a soundproofing blanket to put over the unit that will reduce the noise.
Why Is My Air Conditioner Leaking?
Your air conditioner is a blessing during hot, summer afternoons. But while taking a dip in cool water is great, it’s less so if that water’s coming from the AC. If you notice water leaking from your air conditioner, don’t panic. There can be numerous reasons, all of which we can help you with.
Reasons your AC is leaking water inside:
- Drain line is disconnected
- Condensate drain line is clogged
- Drain pan is clogged or disconnected
- Condensate pump is malfunctioning
- Frozen evaporator coils
If you notice your air conditioner is leaking, contact our skilled team at us. We have extensive experience handling leaks and offer Houston AC repair you can rely on.
How to Handle an Inefficient Air Conditioner
If your air conditioner is working but seems to be running slower than usual, the issue may be with the evaporator. When this part gets dirty, it can clog up your whole system. It could also be your condenser, which can be clogged with weeds or debris that can inhibit its effectiveness. In order to prevent this, you should make sure there are no plants within 18 inches of your compressor. However, all of these steps require a working knowledge of your AC unit. If you don’t know your way around it, it’s safest to leave the inspection and repair work to our technicians.
Call AirCon Service Company today at 832-352-4941 or contact us online to schedule your next air conditioner repair service in Houston.